Facts About the Environmental Impact of Printer Cartridges
- It takes about a gallon of oil to make a new laser cartridge.
- Almost 8 cartridges are thrown away per second in the United States alone!
- In North America alone, over 350 million cartridges per year are discarded in our landfills, and that number increases by 12 percent annually!
- Every remanufactured laser cartridge saves nearly 2.5 pounds of metal & plastic waste from being deposited in landfills.
- A laser cartridge thrown into landfill can take up to 450 years to decompose. Some components made of industrial grade plastics will take over a thousand years to decompose.
- 70 percent of used printer cartridges throughout the world are currently being thrown out.
- In one year, if the world’s discarded cartridges were stacked end-to-end; they would circle the earth over three times.
We Can Make a Difference!
Every single cartridge saved from a landfill makes a difference. This will not only protect our environment but save consumers thousands of dollars. Now imagine the difference when individuals, then organizations, then cities, then states and then nations start participating! That is Impact with Effect! At Cartridge World we are not only making a difference, we are changing the world!
Did You Know?
- Most printer cartridges can be refilled or remanufactured.
- By bringing your used cartridges to Cartridge World, you can help protect our environment, and save substantially compared to the cost of a new cartridge!